It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. The idea is to share what you've read lately, what you're currently reading, and what you plan to read next. I love seeing what other people are reading and then adding to my never-ending TBR, so I thought this would be a fun meme to participate in each week!
What I Read Last Week:
- Flying by the Seat of my Knickers by Eliza Watson ~ I'm behind on writing reviews again, so I haven't written my review for this one, but it was really cute. I especially liked the Irish setting!
- A Brit Unexpected by Brenda St John Brown ~ I LOVED this romantic comedy. My review will be up on release day (April 10th).
What I'm Currently Reading
- Big Girls Do It Running by Jasinda Wilder ~ I don't read a lot of non-fiction, but one of my goals for this year is to read at least 3 non-fiction books and this is my second. Jasinda has written a ton of fiction, and I haven't read any of it, but I follow her Facebook page and saw her talking about this book. Since it was only 99 cents, I decided to give it a try, and it's interesting so far.
- Learn a Word in 100 Words by Patricia Josephine ~ My friend Patricia has been doing flash fiction on her blog for awhile and this is a collection of those stories, all inspired by unique and unusual words.
- Star-Crossed by Barbara Dee ~ LGBTQ Middle Grade! I'm not far into this one yet, but it's cute so far.
What I Plan to Read Next:
Last Week on the Blog:
- My new business, Sunrise Author Services officially launched last Monday, and I did an intro and explanation here on the blog. If you're an author and you're looking for a cover or promotional graphics, or you need help with various promotional services, including finding reviewers for your books, be sure to check us out! We also have a blogger-exclusive newsletter for book bloggers to learn about ARCs, promotional opportunities, and giveaways.
- I helped with the cover reveal for A Brit Unexpected by Brenda St John Brown (which I mentioned above that I read and loved). There's a chance to win 1 of 5 ARCs, but you'd better hurry because the giveaway ends today!
My contemporary coming-of-age/romance novel, Something in the Air, has been on sale for the last week and a bit, and it's still on sale! I'll be changing the price from 99 cents back to $2.99 soon, so take advantage of the sale while you can.
What have you been reading lately? Have you read any of the books I've been reading? I'll be doing the rounds of fellow It's Monday! What Are You Reading? participants, but in case I miss you, be sure to leave a link below so I can visit you! Also, if you did a general weekly recap, feel free to leave a link so I can check it out!